Online purchasing and daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous people. You appreciate the benefit of having goods delivered right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real concern, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are fantastic tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they give you a lot more.
Take a second to see how they work and why they’re sure to come to be an integral facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Las Vegas video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you an array of advanced features, and the technology keeps advancing. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, talk to whoever’s at your door, and obtain real-time notifications whenever a package arrives.
The simplest way to find out how a Las Vegas video doorbell camera works is to look at the numerous advantages it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring burglary with warnings that can be seen and heard. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You deserve to see the complete picture, and that includes the faces of individuals on your porch and boxes on the ground. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage at any hour: What’s the benefit of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and hard to see? Leading models will provide amazing night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You can receive instant updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and deliveries.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is a person standing at your door? Reciprocal audio allows you to inquire about what they want. You might even take advantage of this helpful feature to deter people loitering around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will let you reduce false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to view live and archived video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can access them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even allow you to speak with the person at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.