Top safety tips for new homeowners in Las Vegas
If you just bought your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for your family. You might be thinking about how you might personalize your property with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, be sure you consider home security too. Keeping the ones you care about safeguarded should always be a major emphasis, and we’ll help you do so with these safety tips for new homeowners in Las Vegas.
Perform a safety audit of your new Las Vegas property
Now that you’re considering safety, find out what your new home already has. First, make certain you have working fire alarms. Inspect every one and change batteries if required. Are CO detectors present? Did you find a water sensor downstairs? This is also an excellent time to upgrade door locks and inspect all locks on windows. Go through every space and get familiar with your new house.
Smart security tips for your Las Vegas home
Once you’ve done your opening investigation of locks and safety alarms, you can consider improving your property’s safety. Begin with these security tips for your home in Las Vegas.
- Invest in a full-featured home security system. One of the top things a new homeowner in Las Vegas can do is integrate a home security system. The latest in wireless advancements let you keep a close watch on your home even when you’re not there. You can view up-to-the-second video footage, engage door locks, and even communicate with guests on your front steps straight from your smartphone. You can custom-tailor your system with incredible security features such as surveillance cameras and monitored safety alarms.
- Upgrade outside lighting. Outside lights with motion sensors are a smart way to discourage potential invaders. You may even incorporate them with surveillance cameras. When a motion sensor is tripped, it can tell your outdoor camera to record.
- Keep your property maintained. Do you have a clear perspective of your property from the interior? Are there oversized trees and bushes impeeding your view? Eliminate possible hiding spots for burglars by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will be grateful for it also.
- Get to know folks in your area. Speaking of your neighbors, get familiar with them. If you are friends with people close to you, there’s a greater probability they’ll let you know if they see suspicious activity. You can also join your area’s social media presence if one is created.
- Take advantage of home automation. If you opt for a modern smart home, you can make it look like you’re home by illuminating smart light bulbs at predetermined moments. This is a nice tool when you’re at work or on vacation.