How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Las Vegas smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Las Vegas home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore recommendations to get started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Las Vegas?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You can arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular capability for added reliability. It also offers complete remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can execute:
- Review real-time or saved footage from any connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Las Vegas by setting schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by using the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Las Vegas
Even though many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you may want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, choose phone or email and submit the information to send an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, press users, pick the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Las Vegas smart home. Contact (725) 444-7026 to learn more.